I don’t know why I always assumed that if babies were breastfed they couldn’t get the flu like everyone else, but that’s simply not the case. After 6 straight days of fever and even more days of crankiness and lack of sleep, I am cautiously optimistic that perhaps we’re finally on the other side of it all.
Poor Henrik had it the worst out of all four of us and by Friday we had a decision to make. Do we go ahead with our trip to Mexico? or do we cancel it and try to rebook for a later date? My gut was saying “cancel” but my heart was saying “go”. I didn’t want to disappoint the older boys, and I didn’t want to miss out on our family time. But ultimately after speaking with our paediatrician and weighing out our options I decided it was best to cancel.
We spent the rest of our days in pajamas, wondering doughnuts and having dance parties in between rises of fever and chills.
Watch our vide below for all the details and please SUBSCRIBE to our YouTube channel for our weekly vlogs and more!