I find it sort of funny now but one of the questions I get asked the most is “how do you make time for self care?”. Its only funny because the answer is, that I don’t, or at least I don’t do a good job of being consistent. I try my hardest to eat well, sleep when I can, pluck my eyebrows when they get out of hand and dye my grey roots every 6 weeks or so. But I’m not overly consistent with it and I’ve never tried a complete skincare regiment before.
The challenge was really simple though and the part I loved most were the daily email newsletter reminders I signed up to receive because they always included helpful information and acted as a reminder to me to wash my face and apply the products.
If you follow me on Instagram then you’ll maybe have seen my daily recap of the challenge on stories, but if you don’t here are the highlights of the challenge and the results.
(1) The LiftActiv Vitamin C brightening skin corrector is an anti-oxidant and anti-
fatigue fresh shot. What that means is you use about 4-5 drops on your freshly cleaned face every morning for 10 days.
(2) The serum contains 15% Pure Vitamin C which is the antidote to help tired skin look more rested.
(3) It also contains Pure Vitamin E and HYALURONIC ACID…google it, its AMAZING and the IT ingredient of skincare today.
(4) You use the serum in conjunction with a few other products every day and evening for 10 days…details below.
(5) The LiftActiv Vitamin C serum is affordable and available in drugstores across Canada starting September 6, so you can find it easily. And the rest of the products used are available there too!
So here was my routine over 10 days:
- Apply Liftactiv Vitamin C on freshly cleansed skin
- 1 dab of Mineral 89
- 1 pump of Liftactiv Serum 10
- A dab of Liftactiv UV moisturizer
- 1 dab of Mineral 89
- 1 dab of Liftactiv Retinol HA
- 1 dab of Liftactiv Night moisturizer
I found it super easy to maintain and because I’m not currently wearing a lot of makeup, it was nice to feel like my skin was fresh and glowing all day long. It gave me a bit of confidence even before I noticed any results.
At the end of the 10 days my skin felt smoother and tighter. It didn’t do away with my fine lines, but I think only magic can do that, but my skin was brighter and though I didn’t feel more rested because babies, I don’t think I look as tired as I feel.
And bonus…the Vichy products smell amazing….the LiftActiv Nuit is so calming and relaxing. You need to try it!
This post was created in partnership with Vichy Canada but as always all thoughts, ideas and words are completely my own. Thank you for always supporting me and the sponsors that make this blog possible. For more details on sponsorships please see this post here.