Packing for the hospital is not always easy.
So here are the top MOMMA MUST HAVES to put in your overnight bag.
What items would you add to the “for mom” list?
Being a new mom is tough enough in the first few weeks. But having the right essentials at hand can help make the transition period a little bit easier.
Here are 5 things every new mom should own for when the little one arrives.
1. If you’re planning to breastfeed a good electronic breast pump is a MUST! You should use it after every feeding to express breast milk and help bring up your supply. Breastmilk is produced based on “supply-and-demand” but if your little one is restless and refuses to suck for long periods of time, a breast pump will help simulate, what your baby simply does not have the patience to do. Its a great tool that you will use all the way through your breastfeeding journey.
2. The Lansinoh creme is amazing! It was the only creme that helped me heal during the first few weeks of breastfeeding, so I highly recommend you have some on hand…and in your hospital bag.
3. A good nursing pillow will save your back and your tired shoulders. I personally love My Breast Friend. Its a sturdy pillow with a built in backrest. I LOVE LOVE LOVE this and I am still using it now that my son is 6months+
4. The Belly Bandit is great to have on hand to help keep your post baby belly tight and help recreate your natural shape. For hundreds of years women all over the world have been using wraps to tighten the newlly flabby belly back into place…this is just the modern and enhanced version of that. And C-section mamas need not despair…the Belly Bandit works well with C-sections as well.
5. Adan+Anais swaddle blankets are so lovely and come in really fun prints! They are great to use for swaddling your baby and help comfort them, but they are also great as burp-cloths, stroller blankets, change pad covers, etc. We only had a pack of 4 on hand when baby J was born, and we quickly went through all of them in a matter of 24 hours. Needless to say we now own about a dozen in total.